Boxing has been official sport since 668 B.C. during the Olympics.
Back in those times they would fight to the DEATH.
Much has changed since then, for instance you don’t fight till the death now; You fight til K.O. or judges will score you.
Here are the RULES of boxing:
- A boxing round takes place over 12, three minute rounds; with one minute rest between rounds.
- You can only punch with a clenched fist and CANNOT strike below the belt, in the kidneys or the back of your opponents head or neck.
- You cannot hit with your head, shoulder, forearm, or elbow.
- If a boxer is knocked out of the ring, he cannot be assisted & he will only get 20 counts to get back in and on his feet.
- You cannot use the ropes for leverage
- You cannot hit an opponent when they are down.
- A boxer hit with a low blow can take five minutes to recover.
- If the fight is about to be over & an unintentional foul (such as a clash of heads) happens & that ends the fight before four rounds are completed then it will be a “no contest”, the decision goes to the judge’s cards and is either a technical decision for either fighter or a technical draw.
DON’T START LATER; START NOW!
If you are looking for an AMAZING, results-driven gym, give us a call @ (305) 712-6041 & we will get you into a FREE class (1st timers with proof of local ID). South Beach Boxing is located in Miami Beach & are entering our 20th year of business at the same 715 Washington Ave location, AND soon we will have a location near you – as we’re OFTEN COPIED – NEVER DUPLICATED………….’til NOW!